COFFEE & TEA
- Alpaca Coffee & Tea: the best Matcha Boba Tea you've ever tasted! Also serving Espresso, Lattes, Cappuccinos, etc. Creative and modern approach to coffee and tea.
- Black Mountain Coffee: the best pour-overs, french press, & nitro (call 951-468-5095 for updated hours). They have amazing coffee flight tastings - highly recommend!
- El Buen Cacao: the BEST mocha lattes & perfectly balanced cappuccinos (call 760-333-7690 for updated hours - they usually open late around 11 and stay open until 6ish)
- Merkaba Tea: handcrafted teas Made In Idyllwild - available by the cup or in bulk
- Higher Grounds: the longest hours of operation (call 951- 659-1379 for updated hours) - this is a touristy spot in the middle of town.
BREAKFAST, BRUNCH, & LUNCH
- Mama's Egg House: come hungry! Generous portions and delectable delights... a mix of American, Mexican, and Vegan-friendly brunch menu items... also great for lunch! For brekky we love the Vegan Chorizo Burrito or the Prosciutto Benedict (ask to sub Mama's Biscuits in place of the traditional english muffin) For lunch we love their the Humpty Dumpty Burger if you're really hungry. Outdoor seating Dog Friendly.
- The Sunflower Bakeshop: Lovely outdoor dog-friendly dining, and some limited indoor-ish dining (inside a covered patio). Daily special Quiche and/or breakfast sandwiches are our usual go-tos.
- Mile High Cafe: Offering classic American brunch + American and Asian fusion lunch options. Our pick for BEST BURGER IN IDYLLWILD. Next door to awesome COFFEE & BOBA TEA spot: Alpaca Coffee & Tea. Outdoor Dog-Friendly Dining available. We recommend heading there on SUNDAYS for brunch, featuring the best of local Idyllwild live music! Our picks: The Waffle Tray for brekky and Bimbimbap, Pork Belly Fried Rice, or a KILLER Reuben or any of their Burgers (best in Idy) for Lunch. (they close at 3pm, so no dinner). We have so many faves here!
- Hungry Habit Thirsty Rabbit: (Brunch/Lunch) How to Order: Call ahead or walk-in Pickup & Limited Indoor/Outdoor (dog-friendly) Dining. Can't go wrong with an order here - EVERYTHING is delectable!
- Raven Hill Bagels - requires 1 week advance order. COTTAGE CHEF - no brick and mortar location. DELIVERY ONLY
- Amelia's Donuts and More - not to be missed! Incredible melt-in-your-mouth hot n' fresh local donuts. Vegan, gluten-free, keto options sometimes available - place an order ahead of time if you want one of those specialties. How to Order for Delivery: TEXT, don't call: (760) 285-4270 They deliver EVERY DAY NOW from their Brick n Mortar Shop
- Mama Mia's Crepes: freshly made crepes, both savory and sweet. Limited indoor and outdoor (dog friendly) dining. We recommend the Chicken Pesto crepe with extra sauce for savory, and the Nutella Crepe with strawberries and bananas for sweet.
- Tommy's Kitchen: Swiss-infused American - we recommend brunch on Saturdays when you can choose signature dishes you want. Sundays is buffet-style, they have mimosas, so that's great too! Dog friendly outdoor patio.
- The Red Kettle: classic American menu, generous portions, made with Idyllwild love. Hot spot location, right in the middle of town with a dog friendly patio.
- Now Boarding Idyllwild - A local charcuterie board delivery - she also does BRUNCH boards! Check her out on Instagram @nowboardingidyllwild
CASUAL LUNCH & DINNER
- Brew Pub: (Lunch/Dinner) modern California pub style food + microbrews and craft cocktails. Great atmosphere, lovely view. Plenty of indoor and dog-friendly outdoor seating + a great view! We recommend the Fish n Chips (best we've ever had) and the Buffalo Cauliflower
- Idyllwild Pizza Company: Super casual, less expensive than Ferro pizza - but still really great - we recommend their Veggie Gourmet pizza if you're a green olive & artichoke fan. They also have excellent sandwiches and paninis - we are big fan of the Italian Sub. Plenty of indoor seating + dog friendly outdoor seating in front and back.
- Dicks Dogs: A uniquely IdyllWILD experience. Irreverent menu, if you aren't into dick jokes, this is not the place for you. DELISH loaded hot dogs with vegan friendly options. This place is a food truck, usually located in front of Wild Idy or along the 243 highway across from the playground. Wednesday, Thursday & Friday Hwy 243 across from the Park: 11am – SOLD OUT Saturday & Sunday Wild Idy: 11am – SOLD OUT
- Atomic Cow Creamery: A great selection of fresh deli-style sandwiches and subs - plus ice cream, shakes and locally made pies n' treats all in one place! Limited outdoor dog friendly seating, great for takeaway and picnics.
- Manzanita Cantina & Grill: Truly authentic and mouth-watering Mexican cuisine. Their al-pastor tacos and burritos are amongst our faves, along with their Enchiladas Suizas. PLEASE NOTE: this place turns into more of a bar scene at 9pm. If you happen to wander in for dinner around 8:45pm, be ready to be dodging pool sticks coming at your head at 9pm sharp. Our suggestion: stop in BEFORE 7:15PM for a great dining experience, or order food to-go. Looking for a real "locals" bar experience? Head there pretty much any night of the week after 10pm... not for the faint of heart! Please don't act like a tourist and get in a fight. Lol - but SERIOUSLY though.
- La Casita: Very unlikely for a fight to break out here, lol. This is a family friendly place, and a different approach to Mexican cuisine. In the battle of "Best of Mexican Food in Idyllwild" you're either Team Manzanita or Team La Casita. Try them both and decide for yourself! Definitely do not miss trying Roberto's Famous GREEN SAUCE - a delectable jalapeño and olive oil blend that will add miles of flavor to any dish, available to take home in a bottle - and we suggest you do!
- Cocina Libre: Cottage chef, no brick and mortar location. He's a busy family man, so he isn't always available for orders - but LUCKY YOU if he is! Click link above for his instagram and call or text 619-379-0648 to place an order.
BEST-OF DINNER EXPERIENCES
- Ferro - Widely considered the "best" restaurant in town. Beautiful atmosphere, and a great spot for live music on the weekends. They also offer pickup. A great place for an extensive wine list, craft cocktails, apps, dinner and dessert. If you're celebrating a special occasion, this is your spot. Dog friendly outside.
- Cafe Aroma - recently under new ownership, with the seasoned lead chef coming from Mastros in LA. Excellent craft cocktails, and a beautifully expanding menu... vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free friendly! Large, warm, and cozy outdoor seating area that is a go-to for dog lovers.
- Fratellos - this should be #1 if you are Vegan - they have the BEST VEGAN PIZZA ever!! Often featuring a fun live band crooning old standards, blues, and if you're a singer... don't be shy, they love when talented folks get up to sing with them! Dog friendly outside.
- Gastrognome has always been an Idyllwild staple... however in our humble opinion the menu can be hit or miss. That being said, we always LOVE the French Dip (meat melts in your mouth and the dip is on point), plus their classic cocktail game is strong. Dog friendly outside.
- Mom Made Reservations - a local Tuesday pop up, plus she does custom dinners, just contact her for details. A true Idyllwild gem - her Tuesday pop ups feature a different global cuisine theme each week! See website for up to date details. She also offers custom full course meal experiences - we RAVE about her custom dinners to everyone we know. DEFINITELY put this on your list - she will hook you up with everything from appetizers, to salad, delectable mains, and desert, all in the comfort of your own cabin - any day of the week (if she's available).
DESSERT, BREADS, & TREATS
- El Buen Cacao: Prepare to be HOOKED on chocolate for the duration of your trip. Most people that come here, end up coming back EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Incredible selection of locally handmade chocolates plus the BEST House Mocha in Idyllwild (or maybe, ANYWHERE). If you're a shake fan, don't miss out on their wildly addictive Chocolate Milkshake. So, so, SO good.
- The Sunflower Bakeshop: 54385 N Circle Dr, Idyllwild, CA 92549 - THE BEST PUMPKIN pie and sourdough bread you ever did taste... amazing EVERYTHING!
- Idyllwild Ice Cream & Jerky: a local favorite, featuring vegan ice cream options and special dog ice cream treats.
- The Candy Cupboard - an Idyllwild institution - we recommend their yummy sea salt caramels! A great place to take the kids, and those young at heart!
- Atomic Cow Creamery - Ice Cream, Pies, and various treats
- Pickle & Pie: COTTAGE CHEF specializing in classic Canadian Butter Tarts, seasonal pies, breads and cookies. Made to order and ready for pickup or delivery in less than 24 hours (or in many cases, same day)! Some items available vegan or gluten-free! How to Order: Order online pickleandpieIDY.com/shop or text or call 424-543-4354. Use code guest15 at checkout to save 15%.
- Mama Jamie's Kitchen: COTTAGE CHEF specializing in custom cakes, breads, and treats of all sorts. Accepts custom requests for baking pretty much anything, just contact her at least a week in advance. 48 hours notice might be ok for more simple requests. 951-206-3786
SPECIALTY FOODS & NUTRITION
- mIDY Micros: a small micro green farm located in Idyllwild, Ca. Providing the most fresh & nutritious greens to our local community. Micro Greens are not just a beautiful and colorful garnish, but a source of extreme nutrition all condensed into very young plants - eat them by the handful!
- Moksha Magic: seasonal, medicinal tinctures made locally, from locally grown ingredients. We love her "Calm and Ground" blend for stressful days. Order via Instagram @moksha.magic or call/text her for a selection of her latest offerings: 951-287-8165
- Idyllwild Health Company: plant based organic salts made with good for you ingredients, and so DELICIOUS! We are obsessed and truly use her salt blend on pretty much EVERYTHING. Available for sale at WILDLAND 54425 N. Circle Dr. Idyllwild CA 92549
- Idyllwild Organics CBD: Full spectrum CBD Oils and Salves for natural pain and anxiety relief. Available for sale at our shop WILDLAND 54425 N. Circle Dr. Idyllwild CA 92549
- The Wine Finch - newest spot in town, featuring organic and biodynamic wines, and a rad selection of microbrews. You can have a glass at the bar, or grab a bottle to go. Keep an eye on their instagram for Vinyl Nights - our fave local happening: spinning classic tunes every other Thursday. @thewinefinch
- Middle Ridge Winery - a town favorite, featuring locally crafted wines and one of the best music spots in town. Check their website for music lineup: https://www.middleridge.com/Music-Events
- Ferro - the best cocktails in town! Can't really just go for cocktails though - you'll need to eat as well - the food is fantastic, authentic Italian
- Brew Pub - the best locally brewed beer + excellent craft cocktails... not to mention a beautiful view and great live music (call ahead or check their instagram for music announcements):
- The Rustic Theater - a unique experience... our local Idyllwild movie theater has an outdoor area in the back they have turned into a beer garden, and often book unique entertainment acts and food vendors. Grab a beer and watch the latest Hollywood flick or a cult classic during scheduled viewings. A great spot for sipping mimosas & people watching as well!